Saturday, September 25, 2010

Balloon Bouquet with Gift Baskets That Care

When I was a child my parents would send me off to camp for the summer. The one thing I looked forward to more than letters from family was a care package from my parents. Some girls got a care package every week filled with sweets, random crap that would make us laugh, and pictures. Even though I did not get a package every week like some of the luckier girls, I appreciated the packages I got more because they were more unexpected and much better put together. Since my mom owns a gift basket business, my care packages were never carelessly tossed into a cardboard box, but instead were presented in a beautiful basket wrapped in bows. Not only was the appearance extraordinary, but my mom’s company has access to products which you can’t buy off the shelves in your local big box store. My packages were always packed with gourmet food such as fresh fruit, exceptional chocolate bars, various snack mixes, tea and hot chocolate, and one of a kind cookies and candies.. I would always share my baskets with my friends and for years after, my camp friends would ask me where my mom had found certain delicacies that they had only ever had in the contents of my camp care packages. Two months ago I moved cross country for school after twenty one years of living nearby my parents. Although full-on homesickness hasn’t set in yet, it has been a challenge being apart from my friends and family and there are moments which are harder than others. A few weeks ago I was delivered an unexpected package. I tore the box open to find a gift basket much like the ones my mom used to send me at camp. It included ‘energy’ jelly beans, fruit and nut mix, gourmet chocolate bars and cookies, some of the best granola bars I’ve ever had in my life, and my bike bell which I had left at my parents’ house. It was the most welcome reminder of home I could have hoped for and it reminded me that no matter how far from home you are, your family is always there to take care of you. It was the most wonderful surprise I’ve had in a while and it reminded me that my family is proud of my accomplishments and goals. As you prepare to send your student back to school this fall, remember the little things you can do to remind them that you care for them. Visit Baskets By Rita’s website to see our range of care packages including our Birthday Balloon Bouquets which is the perfect gift for you to show your student how proud you are of them. Send a birthday balloon bouquet to say Happy Birthday to that special someone. We have a great selection of latex and metallic to choose from. Send it alone or add balloons to your basket. For hand-delivered orders only in the Denver Metro and greater Fort Collins Loveland, Colorado areas. Whether for a birthday, graduation, or just because you miss them, a Baskets By Rita gift is the perfect gift for any student who needs a sentimental reminder of home. http://www.basketsbyrita.com/assets/images/birthday balloon bouquet.jpg

No comments: