Saturday, September 25, 2010

Finals week College Care Packages with Love

When I was a young girl my parents would send me off to camp for the summer. The one thing I looked forward to more than letters from family was a care package from my parents. Some campers got a care package every single week packed with sweets, random stuff that would make us laugh, and pictures. Although I was not lucky enough to receive a package every single week, the one or two packages which I did receive were always the best! Since my mother owns a gift basket company, my care packages were never carelessly tossed into a cardboard box, but instead were presented in a eye-catching basket wrapped in bows. Not only was the packaging incomparable, but my mom’s company has access to products which you can’t buy off the shelves in your local discount store. My packages were always packed with gourmet food such as fresh fruit, exceptional chocolate bars, various snack mixes, tea and hot chocolate, and one of a kind cookies and candies.. I would always share my baskets with my friends and for years after, my camp friends would ask me where my mom had found specific delicacies that they had only ever had in the contents of my camp care packages. Two months ago I moved cross country for school after twenty one years of living nearby my parents. Although real homesickness hasn’t set in yet, it has been difficult being away from my friends and family and there are moments which are harder than others. A few weeks ago I received a surprise package. I tore the box open to find a gift basket much like the ones my mom used to send me at camp. It contained ‘energy’ jelly beans, fruit and nut mix, gourmet chocolate bars and cookies, some of the best granola bars I’ve ever had in my life, and my bike bell which I had forgotten at my parents’ house. It was the most welcome reminder of home I could have hoped for and it reminded me that no matter how far away you are, your family is always there to take care of you. It was the most wonderful surprise I’ve gotten in a while and it reminded me that my family is proud of my endeavors and goals. As you prepare to send your student back to school this school year, remember the little things you can do to remind them that you love them. Visit Baskets By Rita’s website to see our range of care packages including our Final's Week Care Package which is the perfect gift for you to tell your student how proud you are of them. Our Finals Week Gift Basket is great to send to your college student during finals week.This is a nice way to tell them that you are thinking of them. This gift basket has lots of great snack some healthy and some to give them a little pick me up and some that just taste great. Our natural willow basket contains white cheddar popcorn, stress ball, tortilla chips, salsa, Power bar, Red Bull, fresh baked brownie, fruit and nut bar, chocolate chip cookies, fruit snacks, Red Bull drink, bottled water, snack mix and cinnamon bears. Whether for a birthday, graduation, or just because you miss them, a Baskets By Rita gift is the perfect gift for any student who needs a sentimental reminder of home. http://www.basketsbyrita.com/Care-Packages_c_31.html http://www.basketsbyrita.com/assets/images/finals-week-care-package.jpg

No comments: