Saturday, September 29, 2012

Football Beer Gift Tubs for my friend!

So how is your favorite team doing this season? It is football season again and for those of us who really like football we live for this time of year. Not only is it gorgeous weather to go to games but we begrudge the fact it has been a lengthy dry season in the sporting world since Superbowl time last year. Hopefully each of us is looking at the teams, playing fantasy football and making predictions. For guys it offers a piece of debate for any place we find ourselves. There is also the unfamiliar and best hopes for our popular football team to do well this season. Everybody seems to be talking about the replacement refs and how soon will normal football refs be back on the fields. It is way too convenient to get so mad about it that you find yourself ranting and raving. That is what has been happening at my place. I whine and moan and groan and am quick tempered with my wife and she does not warrant that. She is such a clever football wife that to get angry is not the way she handles things. She amazingly uses good will and sense of humor. I am so fortunate. beer and nut gift basketAfter this weekend and my horrifying mood I did not deserve to get anything for my birthday yesterday. I was in Denver and she had a beer and nuts gift basket from Baskets by Rita delivered to my hotel. Since one of my favorite teams was the Denver Broncos the tub she ordered was a Bronco one and she wrote a great message using her awesome humor to help get me level-headed. It was amazing. I called her and made the decision to have flowers sent the next day. I normally do that. So since I'm gone for a week, I called the lady at baskets by Rita and she's sending a gourmet wine basket to my wife. Good move on my part because my wife will not expect it. Us guys are not very creative or good about gifts but I am quite darn proud and pleased with myself. My stepfather is a diehard Green Bay Packers fan so I sent him a sympathy basket. He will really like it and really get a kick out of it. My stepmother was raised and is loyal to the Giants, have been raised in NYC, so I'm having a Congratulations basket sent to her arriving the same day. Can hardly wait to speak to my parents. They are always coming up with gifts and ways to help my wife and me so this would be great. This ref strike has certainly got everyone talking. The good news is that it gives friends something else to talk about besides politics. Our secretary really gets on all of us though and she says we should be feeling sorry for those poor replacement refs. Without them we couldn't watch any football at all. I guess that is true cuz

No comments: