Tuesday, October 16, 2012

unique and different gift

 All my pals know that they will get either beer, a bottle of wine or flowers I grabbed on the way to see them. It worked for a while, but now it seems to be just too expected. Looking for a completely different birthday gifts can take a lot of time. Today I went looking for my best friend which should be easy. I know exactly what he will like so it should have been very easy. I ended up just running to a big box store and finding a gift card. They used to have small cool wooden crate type things to put the gift card in but not anymore. So that was Okay but really tiresome. Last weekend my spouse was out of town and asked me to go out and get items to put in a basket for her cousin who was bringing her daughter to Colorado to start college.beer gift tub My wife emailed me a list of all the wares to buy for the basket so I went to find it. She puts in mostly Colorado products like goodies, potato chips, salsa, tortilla chips, nut products, Colorado water, tea drink, coffee, beef jerky, cheeses, crackers, and honey sticks. First I could not find a basket in the food market and only a few of the merchandise. I finally gave up because it was taking forever to look and be sure I had Colorado made foods. My neighbor was also shopping and I revealed my frustration when she recommended just going to our business district and going into the large kitchen specialty shop and having them help me. I did that and it was helpful but I was shocked at how much it cost, including the basket. They proposed to help me put it all together in the basket and put on a nice big bow. It looked great and my wife was not surprised at the cost of buying the stuff there. She goes to 7 or 8 different places to buy all the merchandise and saves about twenty dollars. Now that is just way too much work. An easier way is just to go online and find a gift basket shop that will do it and deliver it. My wife and I argued over the expense, so to show my point I found a several of baskets at Baskets by Rita which is a Colorado based company. They have a Colorado wooden crate that is cooler than typical baskets. Even after the delivery cost, it turned out it was less costly than us doing it ourselves. So getting back to the birthday gift idea I saw the crate and decided to order one and have it delivered to my house so I could see how it looked. It came and was excellent. My wife and I concluded that they do a much more professional job of putting it together and it looks amazing. Plus it turned out to be more affordable than doing it ourselves. They have a great selection so that is my plan from now on when buying Beer Birthday Tub. http://www.basketsbyrita.com

No comments: